Transport in Leipzig
Summit Transport Information Desks will be located at Leipzig/Halle Airport and the Westin Leipzig hotel to provide transport-related information and assist participants with their transport needs from Tuesday 23 to Friday 26 May.
For more information on the shuttle bus service from the airport, please speak to the Transport Information Desk upon arrival.
Detailed information regarding transport options will also be available at all other official Summit hotels.
Please consult the transport information guides for each of the official Summit hotels below:
Summit participants are offered unlimited free public transport within Leipzig from Tuesday 23 to Friday 26 May inclusive.
Your 2023 Summit delegate badge allows you to travel free of charge on Leipzig public transport (no transport ticket is required). Until you collect your badge at the Summit venue, the official registration confirmation letter is to be shown upon request. Please note that you may be asked to show supporting valid photo identification.
Connection to CCL by public transport:
- By tram: 20-minute ride, approx. 25 minutes in total from the Leipzig main train station. Tram 16 from Leipzig’s main train station to Messegelände (this is the terminus as well as the stop for Congress Center Leipzig). Trams run every 10-16 minutes. From the tram stop, it is a short walk (less than 5 minutes) to the main entrance of the Conference Centre.
- By suburban train: 10-minute ride, approx. 20 minutes in total from the Leipzig main train station. S-Bahn trains (rapid transit lines) S2, S5, S5X or S6 from Leipzig’s main train station to S-Bahnhof Messe train station. Trains run every 5-15 minutes. From the train stop, it is a short walk (approx. 10 minutes) to the main entrance of the Conference Centre.
For more information and real-time schedule, please refer to the Leipzig public transport company website.
Scheduled shuttle bus service
A shuttle bus service will operate twice daily from Wednesday 24 May to Friday 26 May inclusive:
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings from official Summit hotels to Congress Center Leipzig.
- Wednesday evening from Congress Center Leipzig to the Presidency Reception at the Kongresshalle Leipzig.
- Thursday evening, following the Gala Dinner, from Congress Center Leipzig to official Summit hotels.
Arrangements can be made for wheelchair accessible vehicles – to be indicated during registration or to the Registration Help Desk.
Transfers and private vehicles
To book transfers and private vehicles, please contact the service provider: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the costs for vehicles and drivers will be covered by the participant or delegation.
Please provide the days, hours, type and number of cars in your request. Payments by credit/debit card only.
Should you encounter any difficulties during the booking process, please contact your national representation/embassy in Germany for additional support.
Other transport options
Taxi: You may use taxi services to reach the Congress Centre of Leipzig and the events (20-minute ride from Leipzig’s train station). Please note that the costs are not covered by the Summit organisers.
Car: Motorway A14 (Dresden-Magdeburg-Hannover), exit Messegelände or Leipzig Zentrum. From Leipzig’s city centre take Federal Road B2. Parking is available at CCL, Seehauener Allee 1, 04356 Leipzig.
For more information on transport, please consult the most up-to-date information available on the official website of the City of Leipzig.